Radio stations to be located in Waterville?

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sat Dec 1 16:34:38 EST 2007

And the FCC is very strict about allowing CoL changes by stations that
are a community's "only" audio broadcast service. Mostly, the Cookie
Company denies applications for such moves EVEN if the move would
provide a larger community with its first audio broadcast service.
Now, how long has the FCC been so hard-nosed about preventing moves by
a community's sole audio broadcast service? I ask because we may or
may not have a strange case in our midst. Alex Langer was allowed to
move the old WSRO 1470, which, I believe, was the only audio broadcast
service licensed to Marlborough, to Watertown, where (as WAZN) it
became the community's first audio broadcast service. However, WAZN
might (or might not) have been the second station to be granted a CP
to move to Watertown. Before WSRO was granted its CP, WRCA may have
been holding a CP to change its CoL to Watertown. If the WRCA CP
predated the WSRO CP AND the FCC's strict stance on moves of a
community's only audio broadcast service was in force when WSRO was
granted its CP, how did Langer get his application granted?

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367