Talk shows through the ages

brouder@juno.com brouder@juno.com
Thu Aug 30 11:45:27 EDT 2007

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Sherm Feller.  In 1981 I interviewed him in conjunction with WGIR Manchester's 40th anniversary (he helped put WMUR Radio on the air in the fall of 1941).

Sherm said he was hired by WEEI Boston the day after Pearl Harbor was attacked (12/7/41), "where I started the first talk show in America at midnight."  He didn't say specifically when he began the all-night talk show.

Ed Brouder