Herald: sticking points in the Carr issue

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Thu Aug 30 07:26:37 EDT 2007

Bob Nelson wrote:
>Howie Carr's attempt to jump to WTKK is being subject
 >to conditions, ranging from "matching offers" to a
 >waiver of non-compete clauses (I believe Carr's lawyers
>are saying such clauses are illegal in this state).

All WTKK has to do is offer "the opportunity to work at
a station without Tom Finneran on the air"

Just what Howie wants (his last editorial in the Herald
was a scathing attack on Tommy) and probably something
Entercom isn't willing to match.  If they did match, either
they'd have to fire Finneran or put him on a sports show
on WEEI.