Successor to Wash Post radio disclosed

Richard Chonak rac@gabrielmass.com
Wed Aug 29 16:15:27 EDT 2007

Bob Nelson wrote:
> "Washington Post Radio" in DC (including the powerful AM 1500
> signal that can be heard at night here, and maybe in late
> afternoon if conditions are right) will be gone next month but
> its successor "3WT" (WWWT) will air talk shows including
> three conservative-libertarian hosts (Neil Boortz, Bill O'Reilly,
> and Glenn Beck)--and one liberal--Stephanie Miller.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/28/AR2007082801725.html

It's too bad.  OTOH, I still miss WTOP at 1500 AM.  WaPo Radio wasn't a
full-time all-news station, but it had more news content (and less
preening) than talk/opinion shows are going to provide.

In case anyone's wondering, the Tony Kornheiser Show (featuring the
whiny/humorous ESPN commentator) is one of the local shows that will
continue with the new format.

That's per the Washington Business Journal:
http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/stories/2007/08/27/daily20.html

--RC