Hello, Jerry?

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 12:33:10 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <markwa1ion@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Hello, Jerry?

> Interesting thread about the long-time signal problems of Boston's 1510.
(Snip)

> WWZN-1510 does OK here at night near the 3A/62 junction and just 3 miles
> north of the Burlington Mall (and WRKO), but by the time you get up Route
> 3 to Lowell and Tyngsborough, the station is pretty much out of gas.
> Having adjacent monster signals from WTWP-1500 DC (ex-WTOP) and WWKB-1520
> NY (ex-WKBW) has always made it rough at night on 1510.
>
> Besides loving '60s-era WMEX, I regularly listened to the station in the
> '80s when it had big-bands / standards (WMRE) - including Bill Marlowe for
> a while and Little Walter's oldies some nights - but I have little use for
> it now.

interesting you'd note that particular intersection in Burlington as that
was the primo reception spot when i was relegated to driving Mom's Vega
(with a factory installed AM only radio) so i could listen to WKBW at night
(1975/1976).

and i did live in the Lord Baron Apartments at the time when one didn't need
a radio to pick 68 WRKO (about .9 miles from the tri-towers area).  just
pick up the phone, dial 931 166 - then listen to the rf while waiting for
the cue to call and drop in the 8.  won 8 lps, concert tix and more.  yes -
i wuz a teenage contest pig.

- -Chuck Igo