Talk Show Week On C-Span

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:19:11 EDT 2007

The woman seen yesterday on C-SPAN was Janet Parshall. I caught a small bit of
her on Salem Comm.'s WROL at one point (at work, when I was noticing that the
night signal was managing to reach North Reading). The Fairness
Doctrine was talked
about with Indiana Congressman Mike Pence. Janet was saying that it
wasn't right that
talk radio be regulated in such a way:

"What if you have a Christian radio station and you and your listeners
feel that abortion
should not be legal. Should you have to give equal time to people who
disagree? Or
how about this: there is a cable TV channel dedicated to gay and lesbians (she
means LOGO). Should there be equal time for those who disagree with the gay
lifestyle?"

(As far as I know, cable TV would not be affected by Fairness Doctrine, even
though I have joked that "Keith Olbermann would be forced to have Ann Coulter
on as a co-host". Maybe on broadcast NBC they would be forced to give equal
time, but MSNBC might be safe from the Fairness Doctrine.)

Here's where I joke that Janet was "Parshall" to a certain viewpoint :)

By the way, could this happen? "Hello, Radio One? I understand you have a black
talk radio network. I am from the Ku Klux Klan and I would like equal time..."