WPEP not dark yet?

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:39:57 EDT 2007

I think WNSH owner Keating Willcox said that between now and Thu., WNSH would be off air so they can put in the
technical work needed to bring the signal up to 30kW. WNSH is indeed off the air today. But I was picking up a signal
here in Beverly...a talk show, then USA Network news. Then around 1 pm as one show ended, there were just a series
of bleep noises (no station ID) followed by USA Network news and what is apparently "The Jim Sumpter" show.

Going online, I found that Sumpter does a political talk show syndicated by USA Radio Network to 37 stations.
WPEP 1570 in Taunton is listed as an affiliate. Thought I had read that WPEP went dark last week, but AFAIK
the signal I was getting was that of WPEP, judging by the programming. Am sure it will be shut off
eventually in next few days (as the darkening of WPEP is necessary for WNSH to power up) but it sounds like
they're getting a few last days on the air.