WCBS Newsradio's 40th Anniversary

Todd Glickman radio88@radio88.net
Fri Aug 24 20:44:43 EDT 2007

Just down I-95... this coming Tuesday, August 28th is WCBS Newsradio
88(0)'s 40th Anniversary.  Current and past staffers will be
attending an open house, and there will be many on-air tributes.

My colleague, anchor-extraordinaire Wayne Cabot, put together a
"megamix" of the jingle that ran from 1979-1982.  Listen to the
megamix at http://web.mit.edu/glickman/www/NEWSISmegamix.mp3.  The
original on-air version was 23 seconds as heard here
http://web.mit.edu/glickman/www/newsis1.wav.  [In 1979, my origiinal
"drop in" had to be recorded live in the studio to get it to fit
perfectly in the donut.  So WCBS sent me a plane ticket to come down
from Boston for a 10 minute studio session just for that purpose.
That was well before my ISDN :)  I had just started on-air there, my
home-town radio station, and thought that was really cool of them to
fly me home!]

Other great stuff can be found on the WCBS Web site at
http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/629833.php

I'll be there on Tuesday... it should be a great listen, either
on-air or on-line.
--
Todd Glickman
Associate Director, Office of Corporate Relations

Certified Broadcast Meteorologist
WCBS Newsradio-880
New York City, NY
Email:	radio88@radio88.net