Wee Eye

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Mon Aug 20 20:20:54 EDT 2007

I'm curious how the distant districts in the proposed WEEI regional
footprint will actually "take" to a decidedly Boston show?  I suppose
you could look at how Howie did (or didn't) but sports is a more
universal subject than the Brothers Bolger.

Burlington, Vermont has a very strong local sports interest, e.g.,
Catamounts, high school, Lake Monsters.  There is, decidely, a Red Sox
lean with the occasional Yankees infiltrate [cough].

I am sensing that "New England regionalization" will be the next big
flavor or "solution" to what ails New England radio.  Call me
skeptical.  Coming from the Lowell area where you need a passport to go
from the Highlands over to Pawtucketville and a going away party to move
to Dracut (really) I just not so sure.

Bill O'Neill