"The Edge" on "Smooth Jazz"

Howard Glazer hmglaz@worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 17 09:09:45 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Vita <brian_vita@cssinc.com>
To: 'Sid Schweiger' <sid@wrko.com>;
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 12:32 PM
Subject: RE: "The Edge" on "Smooth Jazz"

> > About 13 million.  Just for reference, that's approximately
> > 40% of the weekly cume for WINS...one station in one market.
> >
> Wow.  I didn't realize that all of the satellite radio owners had to go to
> NY.  I better get moving.
>
> Seriously, 13 million is a good number but when you compare it nationally
> the number of radios, its still a small per centage.
>
> Brian

I love my XM, but subscriptions are slowing every year. The whole medium
seems to have "jumped the shark." Don't forget, too, that the "13 million"
number doesn't mean 13 million individual listeners. The number is
subscriptions, not subscribers. That includes unsold cars on dealer lots
(Sirius has been putting these in its numbers for years. I wonder what those
cars listen to when nobody's around ... NASCAR Radio? Awesome '80s, to hear
those great Cars hits?) and multiple radios owned and used by the same
person. Actual human beings listening to satellite radio? I'd expect the
real number is under 12 million. Just don't tell the investors.

Howard