It's not WEEI vs. WCRB - it's WEEI *and* WCRB

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Aug 16 22:25:37 EDT 2007

Sean Smyth wrote:
> Paul Hopfgarten <paul@derrynh.net> wrote:
>> WFNK 106.3 Nashua (Classic Hits) "Frank-FM" (In the WEEI listening
>> area, so
>> I can't see them using this signal)
>
> Au contraire, at least for me. Maybe it's my crappy car radio, and
> maybe it's my crappy house radio, but I can't get WEEI very well in
> Nashua. I'm thinking WFNK would help WEEI a lot in southern New
> Hampshire and the Merrimack Valley. I have no Census stats at hand, but
> I'm guessing many of the residents up here are commuting into Boston
> for work, or at least on a pretty regular basis.

You know, given that Entercom has been phenomenally successful with the
WEEI-FM signal on 103.7, and given how perfectly that signal nests with
the 99.5 signal to create massive coverage from Manchester (Concord,
even) down to the Cape and eastern Connecticut...is it out of the
question that the real end game here is WEEI sports on 99.5?

No, the PR implications wouldn't be pretty, at least not at first, but
it's not an idea I'd rule out if I ran Entercom.