It's not WEEI vs. WCRB - it's WEEI *and* WCRB

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Thu Aug 16 18:49:14 EDT 2007

Interesting, since there were articles in both the Globe & Herald today
saying that Dennis & Callahan were negotiating directly with Nassau
about doing mornings on a new regional sports network based at WCRB.
You have to wonder if Entercom swooped in and set this up with Nassau
from right under D&C to limit their options and force them to budge at
the bargaining table.  It also eliminates a possible competitor to WEEI
in Boston, and expands their reach.  Nassau makes out since they can
put a profitable format on a bunch of their stations around New England
and I'm sure that the cash infusion from selling 50% of 99.5 will help
their bottom line.  It looks like a win-win for everyone
involved--except for D&C.

I would assume that the two AM's they own in Portland and Lewiston
which currently program ESPN would be prime candidates for the WEEI
network, but I wouldn't be surprised if they put it on the Bone
stations to keep it on FM.  WPXC on the Cape, which has struggled in
the ratings since Nassau acquired them will most likely pick up WEEI.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"