Imus on wAbc?

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Tue Aug 14 16:09:29 EDT 2007

Not necessarily.  While the Imus name has been dragged through the mud
in the national media, my guess is it still means revenue in New
York...and Boston.  Imus worked for many years at WTKK.  With Howie
bolting to 96.9 and the possible loss of the Dennis & Callahan show,
Entercom would love to have a proven commodity in morning drive.   Imus
listeners and sponsors tend to be loyal, and most would return if he
were to pop up on WRKO.  He'd be a major improvement over the Speakah.
Besides, Wolfe and Kahn stood behind D&C during the whole Metco blowup.
  Those comments were much more racist than what the I-man said last
April.  Considering the sorry state of WRKO right now, Imus couldn't
hurt, even with the baggage he brings with him.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"