Dennis and Callahan locked out

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:44:30 EDT 2007

Lucchino lost that leverage when WBOS pulled out at the last minute.

Reason given was slightly better signal at night on 680.

Entercom then added 830 which closed most of the Metro-West signal issues.

Why 104.9 was added to the network I never understood as both EEI and
RKO have no signal problems on Cape Ann.

If 104.1 went sports they would have the Patriots and CBS would
probably move the Bruins over from WBZ. Getting D&C would be huge and
then go after Ordway.

Setting up a New England network would be pretty easy as they could
team up with JJ in Maine and Citadel in Rhode Island.

Entercom looked smart when they added the FM's in RI and
Springfield....but Guest St is burning and they seem clueless right
now.