Carrier Current?

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Aug 13 00:25:26 EDT 2007

On 12 Aug 2007 at 18:13, Russ Butler wrote:

> There were recent threads posted of carrier current AM's that the
> schools set up to broadcast on campus to dorms and lunchrooms, etc.
> I'm curious if any AM-CC's still broadcast today since there is now
> technology to stream onlne to reach a wider audience, and if so, what
> happened to the CC transmitter-equipment from the schools?

I remember WMUA still using carrier-current in various dorms circa
1963-64.  In fact, I even remember an experimental stereo broadcast,
using the carrier-current signal for one channel and the FM signal
for the other.  I don't know when the carrier-current signal was
discontinued, but when new dorms were built after about 1964, they
weren't equipped with a carrier-current signal.

 92 State Street	                                  Fax 617.507.7856
Boston, MA 02109           	         http://www.attorneyross.com