WCAP

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Sun Aug 12 15:23:42 EDT 2007

Here's my reply to a local Lowell blog in response to the pending change
at WCAP (980 Lowell) (
http://www.leftinlowell.com/2007/08/11/the-wcap-sale-local-radio-stays-local/
)

--
I echo the sentiments of my old pal, Dave Faneuf. I have been fortunate
to keep in contact with Maurice Cohen over the years since my leaving

I was the program director at WJUL at ULowell when I also transitioned
over to WCAP. I will forever look back on these two Lowell gems as being
integral parts of my vocational and social development for 20 years of
my young adult life. And for that, I shall be forever grateful.

I know that Maurice and I will stay in touch because as much as WCAP
Radio was a part of Maurice’s life, the people in it who remained loyal
throughout the years earned his loyalty right back.

I am grateful to Gary Frascarelli for making WCAP’s 50th Birthday Party
of the Air a reality. My opportunity to return to host that event will
be one that I will forever cherish. And as times change and another
chapter closes, those moments at WCAP will only increase in value to me.

The future of Lowell radio is bright so long as the commitment to live
and local remains, and respectfully, remains separate from other major
news voices in the market.

Bill O’Neill