WROR/WBMX

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Fri Aug 10 10:24:58 EDT 2007

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:43:47 -0400 Doug Drown
<revdoug1@verizon.net> wrote:

> I was surprised when Entercom's "resurrection" of
> WKBW turned out not to be
> successful.  I listened fairly often at night and
> thought it was quite well
> done.  I didn't hear many commercials, though ---
> was the company unable to
> attract advertisers?  I've never been clear on what
> did it in.

Although a few factors were at play here, I personally
believe what really did them in (despite their older
target demo) was a complete lack of promotions in
their home market.  From everything I've come across
to everyone I've talked to in the Western NY area,
outside of the initital launch not a dime was spent
nor any effort whatsoever was made promoting the
station.  What good is a spectacular radio station, or
any media outlet at all for that matter, if nobody
knows it even exists?

                            Matt Osborne
                            Schenectady, NY