RKO's Digs At TKK

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Sun Aug 5 12:50:55 EDT 2007

At 11:33 AM -0400 8/5/07, Ron Bello wrote:

>From August 1st Boston Globe:
>Chevron Corp. took over the original Gulf Oil in 1984

And I haven't heard any of them do a radio or TV commercial in years.
It seems today the only advertising the oil companies do is
sponsorships, they sponsor a golf tournament but no commercials
telling you why you should spend your nearly three bucks a gallon at
their station and not their competition.

It's also interesting that for a number of years any Exxon gas that
you've bought in New England has actually been from the new Gulf,
a.k.a. Cumberland Farms.  I don't know how they could get away with
this, apparently they have an agreement to use the Exxon name and to
bill thru the Exxon/Mobil credit cards and Speedpass, but it still
seems from the consumer's point of view to be false advertising.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH