Red Sox on WEEI

Howard Glazer hmglaz@worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 3 22:23:01 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: David Tomm <nostaticatall@charter.net>
To: Don A <donald_astelle@yahoo.com>
Cc: BRI <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: Red Sox on WEEI

> Entercom wanted to prop up the sagging ratings of WRKO and generate
> some new cume to The Talk Station.  Both WRKO and WEEI are now tied in
> the ratings 12+, even though WRKO is much lower than WEEI in the 25-54
> demos that agencies prefer.   WRKO does not want to pre-empt Rush, or
> they may not be able to contractually, so I can understand the weekday
> games moving to WEEI.

WTIC(AM) doesn't carry weekday afternoon games either -- probably the same
we-can't-pre-empt-Rush situation. Used to be no problem for us here south of
Hartford; we could just tune to WHYN(AM) Springfield. But the flea-powered
FM the Sox are on in the Springfield area now doesn't make the trip down
here at all, so it's TV, XM, mlb.com or nothing.

Howard