RKO's Digs At TKK

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:41:50 EDT 2007

Like Bob Bittner, I'm no sports fan (life is too short to spend three hours
watching people you don't know play a game), but I remember when Ted Williams
died, just about this time of year, grainy black-and-white films or kinescopes
were shown of a skinny kid (no steroids in his day) knocking home runs right over Gem Razor
Blade signs as well a few other advertisers.  Perhaps the amount of advertising
is somewhat less than in those days, but it seems to me that ballpark fences have
always been prime territory for such promotions.

--
We've Got Your Name at http://www.mail.com!