RKO's Digs At TKK

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 06:00:58 EDT 2007

That promo has been running for quite a while, actually. What's
interesting is how WTKK
runs promos saying they are "Boston's only full time talk station" and
even "Boston's
only talk station". Well, if they're digging at WRKO (for Red Sox
pre-emptions) I'll
give them that, but WTTT 1150 IS full time talk...Meanwhile, as we know, WRKO's
franchise player is dying to bolt to FM. ("Someone" at Entercom just leaked
what is supposedly Howie's salary to the Globe...a figure close to the
"800 large"
his listeners have accused him of getting...trying to knock down Howie for
saying he works at slave wages).

Let's just say that right now WRKO needs Howie a lot more than Howie needs WRKO.

Howie has made references over the air--recently he talked about his Cape Cod
affiliate, WXTK-FM 95,1, and he said something like "I like those call
letters"...
think of the "TK" and "FM" parts... :)