Don't forget WHDH-FM/94.5 (was Re: att Donna Red Sox announcer list)

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 16:13:01 EDT 2007

Also, don't forget WHDH-FM 94.5 ("AM85/FM95" on
billboards back in the day) from 1948 until around
1971.  Many times, it was not a straight simulcast of
the games as some Red Sox ads were AM only or FM only.
 I recalled during the "Impossible Dream" season of
1967, I had a portable GE AM/FM radio and switched
back and forth between the AM and FM sides and
wondered why the ads were "different".  I stayed with
the FM side as the games sounded much cleaner,
especially when they were home games (during away
games, they used 5 kHz telco loops).

-Pete

--- Kevin Vahey <kvahey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Donna
>
> Does this list look accurate to you.
>
> I think the only mistake is WHDH-TV being the outlet
> in 1957 as I
> believe they came on the air in November of 1957

http://www.redsoxdiehard.com/players/broadcasters.html

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts
                           "Scanning the bands since 1967"