Could WBCN go "Free"? (example of Balt. version)

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Fri Apr 27 11:17:41 EDT 2007

Last night out of curiosity I went to AM 1090 to see how the Orioles broadcasters were covering the
O's-Sox game; but the O's, longtime a part of WBAL, weren't there! It was a local sports talk show instead.
So I went to the Orioles site today and found that the team is now on WHFS-FM 105.7, "Free FM"
(those calls were originally on a modern rock station in D.C., IIRC)

Here's their site: could WBCN do something similar?

http://1057freefm.com/
(Owned  by CBS as it turns out)

They have local talk except for Jerry Doyle overnights and Don & Mike (out of nearby Wash DC I think) in
pm drive. WBCN could also do some local talkers in addition to Opie and Anthony; maybe have some shows
mix music in, etc. Throw in Pats, which they have, and Bruins, which they can get from sis station WBZ.
Could it happen?