Sandab moves an Ocean and a Rocket

Howard Glazer hmglaz@worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 15 12:33:01 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Lehmann <jjlehmann@comcast.net>
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 4:39 PM
Subject: RE: Sandab moves an Ocean and a Rocket

> > I thought that Ocean 103.9 had inherited the Jazz/Nostalgia format
> > from WQRC.  Has that format moved to another station on the cape, or
> > has it gone away completely?
>
> It's gone, Cape Cod is now without Standards and Oldies. WOCN "Ocean 104"
> evolved into a Soft AC format as 99.9 WQRC moved closer to Hot AC.
>
> Here's the recently played songs on WOCN:
> http://www.ocean104.com/wocn_justplayed.htm
>
> WQRC: http://www.wqrc.com/wqrc_justplayed.htm

WQRC looks more like a Smooth Jazz than a Hot AC to me. I'm showing a last
five songs of  Lee Ritenour, "Forget Me Nots"; Michael Manson, "Outer
Drive"; Kyle Eastwood, "Now"; Kenny Garrett, "Simply Said"; and Kenny G,
"You're Beautiful" right now, although the artists pictured on the site are
Kelly Clarkson, Sheryl Crow, Dave Matthews Band, etc. Has WQRC flipped, or
have I just stumbled upon a Sunday specialty show?

Howard