Herald: Barnicle fill in is WTKK only

Howard Glazer hmglaz@worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 15 12:22:41 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Sean Smyth <sean.smyth@yahoo.com>
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: Herald: Barnicle fill in is WTKK only

> Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@mail.com> wrote:
> > Maybe this is a tryout for Mike And Mad Dog to go national? Someone
> > would eventually get the slot
> > of W1's morning show...
>
> Mike and Chris already have a few affiliates ... 590 (?) in Albany
> comes to mind. Their show is so New York-centric, though, that I see a
> hard time with them transitioning to a more national show.

Even if they get away from the NY-centric attitude (which they already do
when talking about, say, big-time college football, which, outside of
Rutgers in the only marginally big-time Big East, doesn't exist in the NY
market), wouldn't they also have to start talking about politics and current
events to fit on some of the political-talk stations that used to carry
Imus? As I recall, Imus hardly ever talked about sports when he was on WNBC;
sports discussion on the show got started only after WFAN took over 660.

Howard