WTKK options

Lou G loug@gawab.com
Sat Apr 14 15:29:22 EDT 2007

> But from what I heard at the time, 96.9 was sharing the most cume with
> sister WMJX and there was a lot of demographic overlap between the two
> stations.

While the two formats do overlap....that's just part of it.  In this day and
age everybody shares audience with everybody.

WSJZ's "sucess" (if you want to call it that) was marginal at best.  They
did post a profit...but it was very meager.

(Average yearly profit for the station was around $175,000.00)

So, it wasn't a money loser, but when you have 35 million invested in a
property, you are hoping for more than a .5% return on your investment.

My understanding is that WTKK has already had a year that posted a $1
million profit.

Add to the mix the limited outlook for future growth of WSJZ...and the
decision is made for you.

If WSJZ had been billing a reasonable amount, there is no way Gr. Media
would've changed the format....they tend to be very conservative with
change.

All conspiracy theories aside, billing is what drives these decisions.