Sandab moves an Ocean and a Rocket

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 15:29:04 EDT 2007

> Moses parted the Red Sea, but Sandab Broadcasting can move an entire
> Ocean, and fire off a Rocket at the
> same time. I hear that on Tuesday, WOCN 103.9 moves to 104.7 while WKPE-
> FM, "The Rocket", takes
> the 103.9 freq (more centrally located on the Cape?)

The 104.7 signal is far superior, since it is a class B (50kW) signal. 103.9
may be more centrally located, but covers far less area than 104.7 does,
since it's just a Class A (6kW).

I guess they want to move the Ocean AC format to a bigger signal, and at the
same time adjust WKPE's music (going by the announcement of the flip I've
heard on there). Sounds like it will no longer be "The Rocket" but just
103.9 WKPE. http://home.comcast.net/~jjlehmann/wkpe.mp3

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA