Imus canned by MSNBC

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Fri Apr 13 14:35:47 EDT 2007

Oh, that makes sense.  Replace Imus with a type of show that did the
EXACT SAME THING!  Since Dennis and Callahan's show is local and so was
the reference, they were able to ride out the storm.  If you remember,
plenty of clients pulled their spots off of WEEI after that incident.
Entercom suspended D&C, waited for the heat to blow over, and put them
back on.  Eventually all the sponsors returned.  My guess is that if
Imus waits it out and makes some public acts of contrition, I could see
WFAN or another New York station bringing him back.  He won't have the
national presence he once had, but it seems to me that New York
listeners understand this is just "Imus being Imus" and will welcome
him back, just like Boston listeners forgave D&C.  The WFAN radiothon's
performance over the last couple of days demonstrates there is still a
sizable audience in New York for the I-man, and sponsors will figure
this out once the hoopla has died down.