Imus canned by MSNBC

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Thu Apr 12 19:30:51 EDT 2007

Dan Strassberg wrote:
> ...some things that a member of a minority group can say
> with impunity about other members of that group create a firestorm when
> someone who is not a member of that group says them...

Nope.  That bus has has left the depot.  All people should share equally
in the responsibilities that are ours in a progressive and civilized
culture.  Lead by example.  No further passes.

> You don't appear to be a member of an ethnic minority, so maybe
> you can't get your arms around it.

Why didn't I think of that.  Handy.  Old car smell, but handy.

> Time for you to try, though. And you and
> other righties should stop using it to excuse Imus's outrageous remarks.

Sezwuh? Heh? Hand-dominance? Is nothing sacred!

Bill O'Neill