Imus canned by MSNBC

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Thu Apr 12 16:09:03 EDT 2007

At 03:03 PM 4/12/2007, Roger Kirk wrote:
>Bob Nelson wrote:
>>If "nappy headed" is a swear, we'd have to ban the song "I Wish" by
>>Stevie Wonder from airplay...

Umm, Stevie never said he was a nappy headed ho'... he said he
recalled his childhood as a nappy headed BOY.  The issue was not
about the hair-- a wonderful children's book by Carolivia Herron
discusses a little black child who is made fun of because her hair is
so different from everyone else's in the class. The issue is about
calling young women athletes whores, even in a joke.