Imus canned by MSNBC

Bill O'Neill me@billoneill.us
Thu Apr 12 15:14:34 EDT 2007

David Tomm wrote:
> Syndication seems to be taking care of itself.  Imus lost affiliates
> in Portland, OR, Charleston, SC and Stroudsberg, PA just in the last
> day or so.  By the end of his suspension, there probably won't be too
> many stations left.

I don't understand why stations would want to dump Imus.  With all of
the publicity, it's got to be great for numbers.

Imus' idiotic slur did grave damage by forcing the real race issues back
15 years. Advocates like Bill Cosby can't be happy about what Imus has
done.  But to keep Imus on to  prove his repentance is real would make
too much sense.  After all this is radio.

Bill O'Neill