Imus canned by MSNBC

Sean Smyth sean.smyth@yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 14:20:01 EDT 2007

David Tomm <nostaticatall@charter.net> wrote:
> Syndication seems to be taking care of itself.  Imus lost affiliates
> in
> Portland, OR, Charleston, SC and Stroudsberg, PA just in the last day
>
> or so.  By the end of his suspension, there probably won't be too
> many
> stations left.

You'd figure CBS would be more proactive in holding onto those
affiliates and develop some alternative programming to keep cash coming
in. Then again, is Imus merely barter nowadays?

> You have to wonder how long WTKK will stick with him.
>
> They've already announced that Mike Barnicle will fill in for Imus
> during the suspension period.  Does GM hire a sidekick for Barnicle
> and
> make it permanent?  Possibly.

Imus and Dan Shaughnessy could carry things OK, I'd think.

> As far as WFAN goes, they'll probably do what WEEI did when they
> dropped Imus--bring in a couple of local sports media types and have
>
> them do a sports & 'man talk' style show in that daypart.

Sid Rosenberg would be a logical part of that team since he did a
similar show on WNEW when it was talk, but he's already had many
issues, has been cut loose by WFAN a number of times and was part of
the nappy-headed hos bit as Imus' sports update guy.