Imus canned by MSNBC

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Thu Apr 12 00:22:04 EDT 2007

The interesting sidebar to this story is that WSBG's AM sister station
across the hall runs Imus, and as of last check the I-man hasn't been
dropped from that station.  Smith had been doing mornings on WSBG for
17 years prior to his dismissal.  If the AM station continues to run
Imus, maybe there were other reasons behind Smith's firing.   Maybe he
was challenging station management to drop Imus from the AM by doing
what he did and it backfired.  There's got to be more to this story.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"