J.J. Jackson at WTUR

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Mon Apr 2 14:06:46 EDT 2007

> > From: "Brian Vita" <brian_vita@cssinc.com>
> To: "'Eli Polonsky'" <elipolo@earthlink.net>,
>     <boston-radio-interest@rolinin.BostonRadio.org>
> Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 11:59:36 -0400
> Subject: RE: J.J. Jackson at WTUR
>
> Care to elaborate on the "famous railroad tracks"
> incident?

Here is Wikipedia's account of it.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTUR

However, what it doesn't say is how far away the signal
could be heard from the railroad track to which this
low-powered transmitter was hooked up.

Though the reports that the signal could be heard along
the entire length of the track may be correct, I doubt
it could have been heard very far away from the track
itself.

Also, I still think that though the incident did happen,
their account classifying WTUR as a licensed broadcast
station is incorrect. I don't believe that WTUR was on
the air as a 20 watt AM licensed station, and therefore
could not have had their license revoked, unless closed
circuit stations had some sort of license in those days.

EP