Herald: Where have you gone Air America

Garrett Wollman wollman@csail.mit.edu
Tue Sep 19 16:39:54 EDT 2006

<<On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:28:26 -0600, "Sid Schweiger" <sid@wrko.com> said:

> limited signal is one reason WEEI migrated to 850 in the early 90s...)<<

> WEEI is limited in its westward radiation as well, since it must protect co-channel KOA in Denver.

But as I'm sure you're aware, WEEI's signal problems on 850 are
nothing compared to 590.  WEEI has *only* to protect Denver.  WEZE has
to protect a co-channel in Albany and even worse, a first-adjacent in
Worcester.  (I don't think it could ever be usefully upgraded without
significant modification of at least WTAG, if not WROW and WICC.)

-GAWollman