Radio in the Tunnel

Robert S Chase attychase@comcast.net
Thu Sep 14 15:34:45 EDT 2006

I accept all of that but have a further question, the submarines use a very
low frequency and very high power system to receive their orders and other
essential communications under water. Given the AM ground wave attenuates
and the FM is actually line of sight leaking in, how come the submarine
communications at VVLF works and just as matter physics, which has more
capability of penetrating the ground with signal, the AM or higher frequency
FM?