Norm Nathan, 1926-1996

Peter Q. George radiojunkie3@yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 07:00:12 EST 2006

Oh, yes.... Norm did "the rounds" in Boston radio.  In
addition to his days at the old WHDH (AM 850/FM 94.5),
Norm also worked at WCVB-TV, WBMS/WHEE (now WILD), All
News WEEI (590), WRKO (and there might a few more
here) and finally at WBZ.  It was truly an honor to
meet Norm while doing a taping of WJIB's "Let's Talk
About Radio" (with our fellow radio enthusiasts Scott
Fybush, Bob Bittner and crew) .  He was very friendly,
down-to-earth and truly a gentleman in EVERY sense of
the word.  They definitely don't make many of them
like that, anymore... (sigh).

--- SteveOrdinetz <hykker@grolen.com> wrote:

> At 04:15 PM 10/29/2006, Scott Fybush wrote:
> >The only thing I'd add in 2006 is that I'm proud of
> my alma mater
> >for keeping Norm's old timeslot live, local and in
> the same light
> >spirit with which Norm conducted his show. I know
> he'd be proud of
> >what Steve Leveille and Jordan Rich are doing all
> night long on 1030.
>

> I didn't realize Norm worked at WBZ...I always
> associate him with
> overnights on the old WHDH.

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts