WEZQ satellite issues

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sun Oct 22 01:27:36 EDT 2006

WFBQ happens to be the flagship station of the nationally syndicated
Bob & Tom morning show.  That show's satellite channel may run WFBQ
audio when the program is not feeding to affiliates.  It's possible
that WEZQ accidently dialed up the wrong channel while trying to access
a different syndicated show and somehow it got out over the air.  Just
a hypothesis.

It used to be that there was all sorts of stuff being sent down the
satellite channels when regular programming was not being fed.  I
worked at a station once that aired ABC news at the top of each hour.
We had a switcher box in the studio and we could change channels to
access other ABC programming.  I tripped across a channel that fed
WPLJ/New York audio.  This was right after Scott Shannon took over the
station's programming in the early 90's.  I used to tape the feed in
the production room (when the news wasn't airing on my station!) and
listened to the tapes on my way home from my airshift.  Classic stuff!

--Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"