HD Radio Boston Area

Hakim Madjid hmadjid@gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 16:07:40 EDT 2006

Dan Strassberg wrote:

>What it means is that that the subsidiary service hasn't a prayer.
Couldn't happen to a nicer
>bunch of folks than iBiquity ;>) Can you force the radio into analog mode
>and lock it into that mode? If so, I guess $200 for a decent car radio is an
>OK price--particularly if it included installation.

As I have been saying for a number of years I just don't think HD
radio will succeed.  There's almost zero interest from the general
public.

Is it true that iBiquity is charging a royalty of $40 per receiver? If
so that figure should be more like 40 **cents** :-)

--
73 DE Hakim (N1ZFF)