HD Radio Boston Area

Ken VanTassell kenwvt@gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:57:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

I just put an HD Radio in my car (JVC HDR-1) since my old radio
died.The Radio was only $200 which seemed reasonable.  I live in
Chelmsford, MA which is only about 30 miles out of Boston and the HD
signals on FM are somewhat spotty. I understand that the HD signals
come out of a seperate diplexed transmitter and are somewhat weaker,
but is this (lack) of range normal ?  The problem isn't too bad on the
HD1 channel where it falls back to analog without interruption, but on
HD2 you hear nothing but silence when it cuts out, which is frequently
!

Thanks,

Ken