And from Cape Cod.....

Aaron Read readaaron@friedbagels.com
Tue Oct 3 12:46:41 EDT 2006

I'm willing to stand corrected, but after reading that article I think I
see the point: the Cape is feeling stiffed because THEIR elections
didn't get more extensive coverage than any other local elections in the
state.

I don't begrudge them that, actually.  The Cape has lots of local radio
outlets, including their own local NPR affiliate(s) in WCAI/NAN/ZAI.
It's a reasonable assumption that a local station would do more local
election coverage, and I'm a little surprised WCAI (apparently) didn't.

Did anyone catch WMVY that night?  They're obviously not a news station,
nor are they really a Cape station (signal's not big enough) but they
are pretty good at being a "local" station.  I wouldn't have been
surprised if they did some special coverage of Cape elections.

WBUR-AM, of course, wouldn't have devoted any more time to Cape
elections than it would for any other local election since it's a
one-for-one repeater for WBUR-FM in Boston; they're going to cover
everything *outside of Boston* pretty much equally. That is to say, not
as thoroughly as they're going to cover Boston elections.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if their coverage was still at least at
the "not bad" to "pretty decent" level for Cape (and elsewhere)
elections.  They certainly were in full election coverage mode that night.

--

Aaron Read