BZ names LaPierre replacement

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Tue Nov 28 17:34:02 EST 2006

I don't think so.  My guess is that WBZ wanted a major market announcer
type personality in that slot.  Rod Fritz is not that guy.  He just
doesn't have the pipes for that slot.  Fritz is a good reporter and
would be a positive addition to WBZ, but not anchoring morning drive.

I would also expect that 1030 will be more formal in it's morning
presentation come January.  Walsh won't have the folksy delivery that
LaPierre retained from the full-service era.  Considering that WRKO
just junked their newsroom, I would think that WBZ would want to
further capitalize on the local news niche that they already own in
this market by tightening up the delivery a bit and cramming in as much
information as possible.

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"