Clear Channel Vermont

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Sat Nov 25 16:38:18 EST 2006

On Sat, 25 Nov 2006 00:33:18 Garrett Wollman wrote, in
reference to Clear Channel announcing that their
Burlington VT cluster of stations is up for sale:

> I don't think anyone currently in the
> market could (or
> would want to) buy the whole cluster, but it would
> be a natural for a
> mid-tier operator like Nassau or even Pamal, given
> the necessary
> financial resources.

If I'm not mistaken, Pamal has already made one failed
attempt to get into this market.  A few years back
IIRC they made an offer for WIZN 106.7/WBTZ 99.9 and
it fell through at the last minute when Deer River
Broadcasting decided they did not want to sell the
stations.  As we all know now, Deer River changed
their minds again recently and wound up selling out to
Hall Communications.  If Pamal is still in a buying
mood, I would consider them to be a very likely
purchaser for this cluster, if its not broken apart.

                              Matt Osborne
                              Schenectady, NY

P.S - If these stations do end up being sold, it makes
me wonder what will happen to the talk programming on
WXZO/WEAV that CC essentially issued corporate
directives ordering them off their existing affiliates
and onto that station (Rush Limbaugh etc)