Herald: Ch 4 going back to "WBZ" brand

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Nov 22 22:47:26 EST 2006

On 22 Nov 2006 at 15:40, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> I would think that they would get him to record
> the ojj syllable and then use digital editing to insert it between ol
> and ist. From the correctly pronouced word, a closing line, "This is
> AccuWeather meteorologist Gary Bowers reporting for <insert station
> call letters here>," could be synthesized and dropped into each
> forecast he records. In fact, I would think that, given the
> availability of the necessary technology, the Americans with
> Disabilities Act would demand that exactly this be done. The guy can't
> do his job properly without this fairly simple measure. A radio
> personality who can't pronounce the name of his (learned) profession
> is, as far as I am concerned, obviously disabled.

The BBC did something like this many years ago because King George VI
had a stuttering problem.  He had it pretty well conquered, but near
the end of his life, as his health was failing, he had problems
again.  So the BBC recorded some of his radio speeches a couple of
words at a time and, with the technology of the time, put it all
together somehow.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210                 Fax 617.742.7581