WKLB announcements

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Tue Nov 21 08:13:24 EST 2006

Set one pushbutton on you car radio for 99.5 and another for 102.5. Then,
shortly before noon, get settled in the car, which should be parked in a
place where you get good reception of both signals, and start switching
between the two at brief intervals (30 sec?). Bring a casette recorder with
microphone with you and tape the whole confusing mess ;>)

With two more radios in your office or house, each with a
microphone-equipped casette recorder, you can also create separate tapes of
99.5 and 102.5. My guess is that you won't have to buy any radios for this
exercise; you probably have enough. But you might have to buy one or more
casette recorders--ones that can operate from AC power. Garden variety
battery-operated casette recorders without external power jacks are not
convenient to set up for remote starting. And you may also have to buy a
couple of clock-timers to start the radios and casette recorders in your
house or office at an appropriate time.

I leave it to you to decide whether you want the tapes badly enough to go
through this convoluted exercise. However, radio geeks have been known to do
more work than this for a smaller payoff.

--

Dan Strassberg
dan.strassberg@att.net