Talk show talkers

Russ Butler songbook2@comcast.net
Sun Nov 19 14:11:12 EST 2006

Tim wrote:
Please understand, these people are e-n-t-e-r-t-a-i-n-e-r-s .....not
news readers, historians, or teachers.

If you listen to or read the words of these folks and taking it as a
genuine source of information on which you form your political ideas and
opinions, you're skating on thin ice.

Really...take them for what they truly are....media entertainers. >>>>>

Hi Tim - Thanks for the reply and perspective.  Naturally, I do realize
that these folks are not news reporters and that they do not have any
legitimate credentials.  However, they don't entertain, they inform
listeners of their political slant, personal perspective and bias - over
and over again. People don't  know the difference, they just accept them
as gospel (right or left) without questioning and that's the American
political problem!  Same with the campaign advertising, people actually
believe what the politicians say!

When W "entertained" the conservative talk show hosts in the White House
recently with a photo op in the Oval Office, he was certainly "feeding"
their egos and the Republican agenda to them so that they can use the
"public" airwaves to propagate the White House policy and the boss'
talking points - now, is that's whatcha call... entertainment?

Honestly, I'm not in a snit about any of this.  It doesn't make any
difference to me if they speak or not on either side of the dial. The
off/on knob on my radio works just fine.  Of course, I certainly do not
base my political views on what any radio talker (or on TV for that
matter) says or does.  My rant provoked some b-r-i list reaction and
that's agood thing.

Happy Thanksgiving to the list!