Axe falls on WRKO news Dept.

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 21:22:31 EST 2006

A Mass. governor who once ran for President said, "This election isn't
about idealogy,
it's about competence." Similarly, talk radio doesn't have to be about
idealogy--it's
about being competent, entertaining, and well produced.

>>Only if they're not in office and governing you.

The folks who ran Air America ran up $20 million in debt. Be glad
they're not running the country! (By the way there have been rumors
that Franken is leaving on Dec 8
though a post on the Huffington blog disputes it; and several Air
America affliates/
progressive talk stations have changed format recently, usually to sports--
including the progressive haven of Madison, Wisconsin)

One wonders if the future of prog/liberal talk is to produce shows
like Steph Miller
that might wind up on talk stations that could have both conservatives
and liberals
that are entertaining.

Talk radio seems to be like some sports leagues: more "expansion teams"/stations
means more dilution of talent.

>>Michael Savage, who still gets good numbers in
all too many cities?

Savage had a big drop in the ratings here according to the Herald
article. I wonder if he'll
still be around come baseball season. Some like him; I can take him in
small doses
but prefer Ingraham. The guy got fired from MSNBC for some very
abrasive comments;
would the Red Sox wish to have his show immediately following their
games on 'RKO?
Who knows.