Axe falls on WRKO news Dept.

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 03:59:15 EST 2006

On 11/17/06, Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:
 Someone at Entercom should read this month's
> electrion returns and find someone more moderate than the people they have
> on.

That could help but who knows. They have a niche conservative/moderate
audience now
(more of the former) and I'd think they do well with middle aged or
older men. A friend of
mine in the biz says talk stations skew older and more male...while
women, especially
25-49, make most of the major buying decisions. But are they listening to music
stations instead?

By the same token while liberal talkers may have a group of hardcore
political devotees,
most of them young, I'd think many of the younger/more progressive
folks are listening
to music stations or mp3 players instead. A guy in his twenties who's
kinda into politics
might check out prog-talk but more likely would tune into anything
from rock to alternative
rock to rap or CHR.