Changing frequencies - changing transmitters? Power?

Ric Werme ewerme@comcast.net
Fri Nov 17 10:39:01 EST 2006

According to http://www.radio-locator.com ,
WCRB transmits 8 Kw from Waltham and
WLKB transmits 27 Kw from Lowell.

I assume that changing power on a particular frequency is a long, drawn out
affair given the density of stations in the NE.  At least, it has been for
WCNH-LP.

I assume that people aren't switching studios or transmitter locations,
but what about power?

I live just north of Concord NH, and WCRB gets trounced by nearby 3 Kw WWHK at
102.3.  I have received WCRB near a hilltop in Plymouth NH, but I'm in the
Merrimack Valley now.  I do get WLKB great, so I might do okay with 8 Kw in
Waltham, but 27 Kw from Lowell would be worth looking for.

I don't get WGBH well at all (98 Kw from Needham?) so I really would like
more watts.  Terrain too....

I sent a similar note to WCRB, will post/paraphrase any useful response.

     -Ric Werme