Axe falls on WRKO news Dept.

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Fri Nov 17 07:04:16 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Bob Nelson
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 3:18 AM
To: boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org; raccoonradio@gmail.com
Subject: Axe falls on WRKO news Dept.

Boston Radio Watch (http://www.bostonradiowatch.com) reports that WRKO has
fired its entire news department including Rod Fritz, Marga Besette, Listo
Fisher, Paul Tuthill, and Sharon Smith.

I heard the difference tonight: Fox News Radio at top of hour during Todd
Feinburg show, followed by local sports, traffic, and weather, then at :20
and :40 a local news update (not sure who but he had a bit of a raspy
voice). Some kind of sharing arrangement with other stations?